How would I turn this shed into a coop?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by xIndigoSkyx, Jan 27, 2012.

1. xIndigoSkyx

xIndigoSkyx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    St.Albert, Alberta
    My dad started making this 'play house' for us when we were little but never finished. It has insolated walls and a shingled roof and floor, ever since I got ducks I wanted to turn it into a coop but I'm worried about the floor rotting out becsuse of there poo, or it smelling so bad. Is there any way to avoid the floor rotting out? I know the smell prolly wouldn't go away and I'd move it to the back field. Any way to convert it? I'd prolly use it for my sebastapol geese I'm getting this spring.

2. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

I have read that many people put linoleum down on the wood floors--makes it easier to clean and won't get ruined as fast.

3. xIndigoSkyx

xIndigoSkyx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    St.Albert, Alberta
    YAY PROBLEM SOLVED! now to move a 500 pound structure 50 feet and over a fence... Hmmmm time to get out the CAT.

4. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    We have rubber horse stall mats over out wooden floor. They work super great. We can drag them out and really scrub them down in the summer. Plus if the poop freezes on it, you can lift it and it breaks right up.
    Many times you can hunt down used ones from feed stores or on craigslist.

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    yep, that is what we did to.. although drag is probably an understatement.. those suckers weigh a ton! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by