How would they look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by j'aime mes poules, Sep 11, 2010.

1. j'aime mes poules

j'aime mes poules Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2010
    New York
    Hi everyone,

I have a beautiful rooster, standard size Maran EE mix and one of my hen is broody. I would like to use some of my own eggs to put under her and was wondering how would the chicks from my milles fleurs hen would look like? I also have a cochin milles fleurs? and a golden sebright? any body could tell me how a standard rooster and a bantam hen baby would look like?

Post pictures please...

2. j'aime mes poules

Jan 21, 2010
    New York
    [​IMG]

here is Louis the rooster when he was a teen

3. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    They will be medium sized, I had a bantam roo with different kinds of bantams and standards...you can tell which ones were from the standard size mama's cause they are bigger. I like the intermediate size.
    This is a roo from a phoenix mama and partridge rock bantam dad
    [​IMG]

This is a roo that was a standard red sex link mama and the same dad as above..I don't have a pic of them together, but this roo is a bit bigger than the other

[​IMG]

note that they were taken at different ages and I no longer have the red roo otherwise you could have a better idea of the size difference, had to rehome 4 roos cause my hatch was an exact 50/50,

4. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I am speculating without any real experience in this matter, but I imagine that a chick that would be genetically larger than a bantam would have a hard time fitting into a bantam egg? I understand that beak and leg deformities sometimes result from a big chick growing up in a tiny egg. Maybe incubate eggs from larger girls and smaller boys?

5. j'aime mes poules

Jan 21, 2010
    New York
    Any one hatch eggs from bantam hen and standard rooster?

ANYONE?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by