How would you secure this door frame?

Brizi

Songster
Feb 22, 2023
Alabama
We're building a new run, and we're using dog kennel panels as the frame. We're going to secure 1/2" hardware cloth over the panels and over any openings that are larger than 1/2". It's mostly straightforward, but the door frame has me stumped. I don't know how to secure the door frame without blocking the door. Does anyone have any ideas?

Note: We have minks around here...

1677388925929.png

One suggestion: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...der-2020-version.1529488/page-7#post-25809665

I do mine differently, I have overlapping hardware cloth on the gate as well as the surrounding fence walls, so when the gate is closed the HWC panel on the gate overlaps the fence HWC. Downside with the way I do it is the gate can only swing one direction, but that's fine with me.

View attachment 3416053
Thank you so much! I don't care if it has to swing in one direction either, that's totally fine. That thread you linked had a good idea as well with those metal "z-flashing" things. They're super cheap, like $1.50 per 30 inches. I bet we could figure out a way to utilize those.

Back
Top Bottom