How Would You Tell ....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickie Mamma, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Your DH that he smells like a goat? And that when he takes his shirt off... he looks like he swallowed one too?? Just curious if there is a gentle way of approaching this. I've had it.. He gained 50 pounds in 10 years of marriage and I am still only 15 pounds from my wedding day weight and I had 3 Children!!!! We are all friends here and I hope someone has some ideas! Thanks..., [​IMG]

2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I rub my DBF's (dear boyfriend) belly and say "our baby!" in a loving manner. Not sure if it helps but I understand where you are.

3. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    Sometimes the body odor could be from overactive glands. This can be remedied with medicine. If he does not bathe, flat out tell him he stinks. I'm quite a bit heavier than when I got married, but that doesn't mean I have to be a pig.

4. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    See, I tried that and he thinks its funny... I don't want to be mean... but its definately taking its toll... When we got married he was a 29 waist.. I used to think he looked sick (almost) but now after 10 years of marriage... size 36-38 I find him almost disgusting. I started out at size 8 when we got married and I am down to a 10 after 3 kids (gaining about 50 pounds with each) and I try all the time to lose weight and he does not care... is that fair?

5. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Good point... I am so worried about my appearance and cleanliness, that I would NEVER let myself go in that respect. But he really does not take it seriously. Yes, I have stretch marks and loose skin in the belly area, but I went to the gym anfd lost the weight. He is still eating Angus Burgers and Ice Cream. Its not fair!!

6. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    I bought my DH a Pilsbury Dough boy t-shirt!!!

When he's freshly showered snuggle up to him and tell him how great he smells, tell him "Nothings sexier than a fresh smellin man!".

When he's stinky tell him! Buy him a stonger deodorant/Antiperspirant. Buy a strong soap for the shower. Get in the shower with him and wash his stinky parts.

Reward him when he's clean with affection.

De-stink his shoes, coats, bathrobe etc....De-stink his favorite chair.

Pick up the book-You on a diet by Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen and both follow this diet, He'll be lighter and you'll both be much healthier.

GOOD LUCK!

7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:You are GREAT !!! straight and to the point!! We were just laughing (not to long ago) about the Dial body wash for men.. Its supposed to be for " man stink " well, he uses it for the weekends, (if you know what I mean) but all week long, he doesn't use it.. so as I am cleaning the house, passing past him, I smell something... FUNKY !! I can't take it anymore... Is it true if you are the one that stinks, that you don"t smell it as much, cause he swears he doesn't smell.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Honey you married the man, not the body. We all change as we age. I think the odor thing you should just tell him flat out that there is something going on and maybe he should check it out because you are worried. But the body? Could be your day coming..... Ken and I joke about his belly not being from too much food, but he is distended because I don't feed him enough [​IMG] Love the man, the mind, the heart. Remember WHY you married him.

9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    You must be a good cook! My dh has also gained about 60 lbs since we got hitched. He is 6'4" so he carries it well. Squeaky clean though, thank goodness. What I have done is to try to sneak in healthier snacks and meals with smaller portions. I am old fashioned and take him his plate already fixed, he hasn'tcomplained yet so it may be working. as far as being smelly,i would just tell him to get his crusty butt in the shower! Oh, I would have my war face on when I say it!

10. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Maybe ask him what soap he's using " bcause it doesn't smell very good" to make him think about it without being too pointed? I don't know - my approach would be to try to bring it up wihtout judging, but I'm not married so I don't have that "tell-it-like-it-is" vibe. I guess it depends on your relationship - not to make him defensive but to think about it and hope he comes up with a solution that makes him think it's his idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by