1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

How you know when your dog is hot! Funny story about my dog! lol :D

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Yesterday it was like 100 and something.
    I couldn't find my dog, so I start looking for her and I find her in the bathroom laying down of the tile. I guess it was cool there! LOL Then last night she slept in the closet cause there is tile in there and I figure it was cool in there, too! Just though I'd share! [​IMG]

2. Keene's coop

Keene's coop Songster

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    my dog is the opposite. when we are outside and it's hot, he lays on the sidewalk IN THE SUN. no ,atter how hot it is, that's where he is. i don't get it.

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Keene's coop :

my dog is the opposite. when we are outside and it's hot, he lays on the sidewalk IN THE SUN. no ,atter how hot it is, that's where he is. i don't get it.

Wow, that is kinda weird! In winter time my dog will go find a sunny spot and lay down and take a nap. Your dog is just kinda ...​

4. saxet

saxet Chirping

Jun 2, 2010
    TX
    [​IMG] Send Wisconsin Pooch to Texas, and let's do a test if he still likes 'hot' then?
    (it's awful. Fluffy's dog is just plain smart)

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Lucy, my avatar dog, has figured out the joys of the AC floor vent. She comes in and flops down belly first on top of the one in the kitchen. [​IMG]

7. hensonly

hensonly Songster

May 15, 2008
    upstate NY
    I used to live in a house with a really old bathtub made of iron. My Newfoundland would sleep in the tub on hot days, because the iron stayed cool a long time. I had no air conditioning and was in the city, so once in a while, if it was REALLY hot I'd put a couple of inches of cold water in the tub for him. He was in heaven then!

8. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Here in Michigan, anything above 80 degrees is hot.

We have a pond, so our dog "trolls" on hot days. She goes deep enough so that her back is covered, lifts her hind legs to float and pulls herself along by her front legs. Then when she's good and wet, she comes out and naps in the shade.

9. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

This is how my German Shepherds keep cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Crowing

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Bear had a favorite spot to sit when he was too hot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: