How You Know You're Raising Your Child Right

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Noble Rooster, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Noble Rooster

Noble Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    My son and I were doing a phonics book together; the focus was on the short "e" sound. One of the pictures was of a chicken, with the correct matching word being "hen". DS points to it and says "rooster" immediately (he can't read "hen" yet). I looked at the photo. Yup, it was of a rooster. :) The phonics book clearly needs editors with chicken knowledge....

2. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    LOL! Smart boy![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    We had the same thing happen when my son was in Kindergarten, except it was my husband that spotted the error. He was helping my son with a worksheet featuring the letter H. He pointed to a postage-stamp sized image of a round little chicken and said, "I don't usually pay that much attention to these things, but isn't that a rooster?"
    I looked. "Yup, you can see the hackles and saddle feathers - that's a Cochin rooster." Full marks to the artist that drew it, but the person making worksheets needs a bit of schooling!

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Maybe your DS could get a job here on the "what breed or gender is this" forum, lol. Good for him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by