SteveBaz

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Pacific North West
Laugh
lau.gif
gig.gif

I put down some Yogurt and Flax seed which is one of my kids favorite morning things among others and as they proceeded to run through the bowl of yogurt and then on the brand new wood shaving they happen to remind me of "Big Foot" the Chicken Legend!! Haven't you heard of that famous and allusive animal running around!!

Smile and warm my heart
love.gif

I was in the coop sitting down drinking my coffee like I do almost every morning waking up and Blondie jumps in my lap and and lays down and start making all the little cooing and sleeping sounds and all the babies came and laid down right next to us in the shavings and on my pant legs. OMG Stole my
love.gif
heart again

Post all your moments with your kids. What have they done to just make you melt!!
Things that have really cracked you up about something that happened you get a giggle from!!
Anything that was a great stride they made from no petting to now love to be petted.
Whatever made you smile and feel all warm and fuzzy about your chickens.

I have a special needs silkie (extreme scissor beak) who has spent most of her four years as a house chicken. I gave her eight babies and she was doing a great job raising them, however, she figured they were ready to leave their "room" and she brought them out to see me. She then proceded to teach them to hop up on me while I was sitting in my recliner (that was always her favorite spot in the evening, on my lap or shoulder).
th.gif
So there I was sitting in my chair with chickens all over me and loving every second of the pure insanity! It really does boggle the mind what we let them get away with
ep.gif

Quote:
Steve, you and Blondie certainly have a special bond! I am patiently
tongue.png
waiting for the day when one of my girls jumps in my lap, so far most of them will come and sit beside me, peck at any loose or frayed strings on my clothes and they all come running when I show up... So glad to hear the new girls are doing so well with Blondie!

Quote:
As understanding and accepting my DH is of me and my chickens, he would probably blow a gasket to see a sight like that...me...I'd LOVE it but I will have to settle for cuddling with my dogs inside and visiting my chickies outside!

Quote:
As understanding and accepting my DH is of me and my chickens, he would probably blow a gasket to see a sight like that...me...I'd LOVE it but I will have to settle for cuddling with my dogs inside and visiting my chickies outside!

GoldDogsMom...She is very dear to him as well, and he has learned to be very understanding where she is concerned. In fact he once told me she might be motorhome worthy
gig.gif
Can you just see it...He would be driving down the road with a scissor beak silkie sitting on his shoulder and giving directions
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Well, I have a little Cochin bantam frizzle, all black, named "Little Blackie" . Yes, yes, she's named after the pony the girl rides on the movie "True Grit". I like her because she will look me right in the eye, and come running over for her cracked corn, and even lets me pick her up and love on her......those frizzle feathers are so incredibly soft.
love.gif

The thing that makes me smile ALOT is when I get to show people my chickens, who have never been "up close and personal" with a chicken before. I love to watch how they are so suprised that the feathers are so soft, or that the chickens aren't dirty filthy creatures covered in lice! Same with my two turkeys.....I love showing them off as well. Especially when Clyde will display all his glory!

I also have a little hen, Petite Miss, who sort of walks around, beeping all the time, sort of grumbling, and she demands to be picked up and cuddled. IF YOU DON'T: She will fly up onto your head or shoulder! You have no choice but to pick her up!
gig.gif

I just love chickens.....and being able to share them with others........

When the DP and I were expanding her run, Gladys kept coming up to us to "help". She started by pecking at the rivets in our jeans, then started pecking at the hammer. I think she was checking the workmanship! I love when she jumps into my lap and pecks my head if I don't pay sufficient attention to her!
love.gif

The other day I couldn't find my chickens so I wandered around my property to see where they were at. I saw movement. It was a squirrel running along and right behind the squirrel was a string of about 4 of my hens, all chasing after the squirrel. I laughed pretty hard, I knew cats and dogs would chase squirrels but chickens?

Back
Top Bottom