1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    She's just (i think) feeling sorry for herself cause she's in pain, but my great grandma (104 years old) thinks she's not going to get to see our new house, which she raised her kids in. But she is really doing bad. And in the back of my mind, I'm thinking "what if she's right this time?" This has been going on for anout 4 or 5 days now, but every time I tried to type this, I couldn't see through my tears... So I'd better hurry. How do you tell someone like her how VERY VERY much they mean to you? And how they came into your life in a rough time and changed it for the best? How they taught you to laugh? Taught you how to play the piano? Taught you how to be more care free in life? We're best friends, and I can't imagine life without her. My g-ma (her daughter) and I were super close, but she left this earth when I was a mear 8 years old. My great-g-ma helped me through it. How do I thank her for all she's done? How do I tell her how VERY VERY much I love her? I really need some advise. Thanks as always, Elysia...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bless you, you tell her just as you've told us, and guess what, she already knows. We have a saying over here, 'How you care is what you do.' I know you have done so much for this great lady and you will continue doing what needs to be done for as long as it takes. Remember, you will always have your loved ones with you. Death ends a life, but not a relationship. That carries on in the hearts of those who are left as an ever constant source of help and comfort, until we are all reunited.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    X2. But if you can't tell her, write her a letter. It is important that she knows how you feel. And if you don't let her know, you are going to feel guilty about it after she is gone.

4. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thank you! I hope she does. Yes, I agree it doesn't end a relationship, I talk to my late g-ma and g-pa every night, and tell them what I did that day that was fun or special, just like I would if they were still here. Cause I know they are looking down at me, and I just hope they are proud of me. I hope it doesn't sound weird, but it makes me feel like they are still here.
    Yea, that's why I wanted some help, cause I know I would regret it when she's gone. I really need to tell her, because we don't always get along, but I get over it. Thanks!

5. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Today (we hope that it's the Norco {pain killer} that's doing it) she didn't know where she was, she thought we put up her bird pictures to fool her into thinking that she was home. She asked why they painted the hospital room the same color as her room, and asked why a man was in here in the night and he just wanted to watch her breathe. Then "a little mexican boy" came and laid in bed with her and fell asleep. Okay..... THEN, she was talking to me (I was still in bed, she was in her room) and my mom didn't make sense of it, so she asked her what she was talking about, and she said "Where is my peachy girl? Isn't she here?" That's a first, she has lots of nicknames for me, but "Peachy girl" isn't one of them... My mom told her I was still in bed, and she said "Oh, well, where am I?" Mom informed her that she was at home, and my g-ma asked if we have to have "the man" back today, or tomorrow. She told her there was NO man here. "Oh...?" Last night (this morning) at 2:45 am. she said "Help! Help! Help!" (my parents don't hear well) so I ran in there and she needed help putting her feet up on her bed, she's supposed to ring her cow bell if she needs help, not urgently. "HELP! HELP!" scares me! More so when I'm asleep. That's night #5 with 3-4 hours of sleep. Ohhhhh.... I try to take a nap, but that is short lived in this house where you can't be in a room without a pet or person! Lol! I'll just come in here to my homework room and sleep next to my fish tank! lol... I hope it's just the painkiller....

6. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    It is just getting worse... [​IMG]

7. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Worse turned to worse... :-/ (did I say that right?) anyway, she is hysterical & crying we ask her what's wrong, and she says "Which cat got killed?" huh? "One of the cats got run over in the street and Elysia got hurt!!!!" she told my mom, I ran in and told her I'm fine, "What about the cat? It was awful!!!" [​IMG]I went and got the three cats and let her hold each one so she would see it was a dream. Now, I hated to do this, I called her home nurse, on her day off, and said we seriously didn't know what to do with her. She told us it should wear off in 24-48 hours. THAT'S A LOOOOONG TIME!!! Put on some peaceful music and we are keeping her awake, that way she doesn't dream. She is still hallucinating, but they are better than the nightmares she is having. Praying we survive the night! I (personally) have only gotten about 12-15 hours of sleep in 5 nights. Crying myself to sleep, then having a pounding headache all night. Then around 3am she always needs help. Ohhh....... SO TIRED! Going to go hang with my best friend and tell him whats going on and hopefully get some comfort. A hug right now would REALLY REALLY help! And a shoulder to cry on...

8. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    She's doing a little better tonight. I think the Norco is wearing off. My dad explained to her that it is numbing her brain nerves, and her memories are getting all jumbled up. She felt better knowing why I think. She said she didn't want to go to sleep or be alone, so I sat in with her for an hour watching tv. trying to find REAL things to watch, so it wouldn't give her any more frights. It kills me to see her nightmares. She told us she just wanted the "Du-ju's" (the creeps) to go away! And never give her that med again. I was happy with her though, she told me "I think that med is making me crazy in the head! I keep seeing things, like the cat & you getting hit in the road, horrible things! I don't like that med!" I assured her that was all it was, and she would be alright. I'm going to sleep in her room with her tonight so she won't be alone, and I won't have to go very far if she needs help. Well, goodnight, I have to get in there. Hopefully tonight is good for all of us and you all. I am in SOOOOO much pain right now. And exausted!!! Mentally and physically... [​IMG]

9. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Okay, well... I was wrong about her being better... She had dreams all night. Scary dreams. She thought a meteor was going to blow up on our house, and then saw a HUGE bug crawling on the celing, then she thought it was time to get up, when it was 4 am!!! I told her she needed to go back to sleep and so she did, for like five mins... Then she started talking to me, and asking me about diff. things, I felt bad just mumbling the answers to her. I only got 1 1/2 hours of sleep. So that's about 15 hours for 6 nights. I could kinda tell when she was dreaming and talking in her sleep, and when she was awake and talking to me. She wanted the window opened last night, so I opened it. (Let me note that it's about 35* outside!) so then she wanted the window closed at 5:30am. and the curtain opened so she could see the "city lights" (mind you we live in a VERY crowded block, so there are no "city lights"). Yesterday was the worst day we have ever had. Last night was hard too, and when my mom said good morning to her she said "I was soooo scared! We were just SOOOO scared!" Idk what to do with her anymore. Her HHN is coming in about two hours, but I'm thinking of calling the Dr. to see how to stop the delutions. Oh Lord help us get through this day!

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sounds like she needs a visit to the doctor or ER asap. Even if it's just a reaction to the medication, there could be more stuff going on. I realize she's 104, but sudden altered mental status like this is cause for concern. If she's not showing any sign of improvement, I would call 911 and have them take her to the ER. I'm not a doctor, but as an EMT we see a lot of elderly women with UTI's showing sudden altered mental status. It's something easily taken care of, but often requires hospitalization and could get worse without treatment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by