Howdy all! So I am wanting to do all eco friendly/organic from ground up.Is this possible?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ladyref, Aug 11, 2013.

1. ladyref

ladyref Just Hatched

Aug 10, 2013
    Fresno
    I live in Central Cali only want 4 girls but we are growing some herbs veggies fruit w/our own mulch pile I allready maintain chemical free all natural (oils,herbs etc) grow and made for pest control but I want my Chicken Kingdom to be eco friendly,natural products,recycleable products,chem free etc. Is this a possibility or do I need to re-hatch my Kingdoms definition?[​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, ladyref, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! There are many folks on BYC that go the route you are planning. There are lots of great coop made from recycled or re-purposed materials (pallets, old playhouses, etc.). You can purchase organic feeds, etc. Good luck to you and best wishes.

3. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    Welcome to the site and best of luck to you!

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I don't know of natural products that really eliminate mites, lice, worms etc. or cure illnesses but, other than that your plans sound doable.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

7. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! I have some family near Fresno :)

8. iheartnh

iheartnh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    Derry, NH
    I "get" what you want to do - my family and I live a very holistic/organic/green/natural-healing life-style. BUT - before you go all-in, ask yourself if you're willing to kill a bird that has gone beyond natural remedies and requires antibiotics - or will you give the antibiotics? If you can answer yes, then I think your plan is do-able. Otherwise, a little tweaking may be needed.

Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by