1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Howdy! Anyone from the Grandview, Texas area?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Texas Tams, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Texas Tams

Texas Tams Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2013
    Grandview, Texas
    Good Morning,

I am new to BYC, new to the Grandview, Texas area and will also be a new Mother of 8 Black Jersey Giants and 2 Silkie chicks (all pullets) in March. Hubby and I ordered our chicks from Cindy at Mustang Creek Feed store in Rio Vista and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it...been trying to pass the time away by reading any and everything I can find and have learned so much here on this site alone! We have the brooder all ready to go and Hubs is working on the coop and security measure for our flock as we have 5 acres with lots of wildlife to protect them from!

Just curious to know if there are any forum folks from my area as well? Would love to pick your brain somemore, lol!!! Thanks in advance! ~Texas Tams~ <-----also breeds/ Yorkshire Terriers with my Mother [​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Your locals hang out on the Texas thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/44/texas

You can just pop in there and introduce yourself and they will be happy to advice you. Enjoy your chicks!

3. Texas Tams

Texas Tams Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2013
    Grandview, Texas
    Thank you so much Sumi...I'll mosey over there and check it out! Tams

4. topdycke

topdycke Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by