Howdy everyone! Completely new to chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by leelee86, Mar 4, 2017.

1. leelee86

leelee86 New Egg

Mar 4, 2017
    Hi! I'm not only new to this site, but also to chickens in general! I don't own any at the moment. Still building some pens. I plan on getting some laying hen for the eggs.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Leelee, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. Have you visited the Learning center above? It is the best place to start a poultry education.

If you want to check out your state thread. Just put state name in searchbox and it will come up. You may find BYCERS living near your area.

3. leelee86

leelee86 New Egg

Mar 4, 2017
    Thanks!! I was just checking out the Learning Center. I'll check out my state next. I'm in Alabama

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here! Make yourself at home and always feel free to ask questions, post pictures, join in the conversations, etc.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, leelee, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community!

6. leelee86

leelee86 New Egg

Mar 4, 2017
    Thanks for the awesome welcome!! Can't wait to get to know everyone!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under leelee86 [​IMG] Welcome!

Wishing you all the best!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by