Howdy Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BlackDogApiary, Feb 23, 2016.

1. BlackDogApiary

BlackDogApiary New Egg

Feb 23, 2016
    I live in the Northern Shenandoah Valley in Virginia and have kept chickens for six years. This spring I am adding turkeys. We have 18 hens and three roosters and I'm currently deciding what to do with two of roosters, a terminally broody Langshan and my oldest hens. My initial solution is to cook the roosters and use the hens for garden preparation. I've joined to learn how others are dealing with their chicken issues and offer advice where I can.

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG] and Welcome to BYC!

I'm also from VA and visit the Shenandoah Valley often. I'm sure you'll be a valuable member to our community. Please fell free to make your self at home, you also may want to check out the Virginia thread where you can meet fellow Virginians. I hope you find this site as fun and helpful as I do!

~Chicken Girl1

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It sounds like a good plan for your Roos and hens, they are being put to good use by doing this. Good luck with adding your turkeys to your flock. They are not something I have kept before.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy BYC :frow

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

6. Katieboosmama

Katieboosmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2014
    Advance, NC
    Welcome! You sure live in a beautiful place :) We vacation in Verona, VA every summer. Love it up there!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by