Howdy Everyone!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tag City Farm, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Tag City Farm

Tag City Farm New Egg

Dec 15, 2013
    Just about to start the fun. I am very new to this and would like to know how hardy the cinnamon queen is and what how well of a year round egg layer they are? I'm in the process of building a coop for 4-5 chickens and am trying to narrow my mind down. Are there any other breeds that are better. (I am aware that the cinnamon queen is not a full blood breed) Thanks Everyone!!!! Can't wait for the future information.

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC!

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow Welcome to BYC and Happy Holidays! Check out the BYC Breeds section for member reviews on the golden or red sex links and other breeds/crosses. If you are looking for a great brown egg layer and intend to replace your birds every two or so years (as commercial egg producers do), the red sex links are very hard to beat. As pets, they do seem prone to reproductive problems as they age, and most are not that long lived. If you are looking more for pet birds that lay fewer brown eggs per year but tend to live longer and spread them out over more years, Wyandottes, Sussex, Orpingtons, Australorps and heritage type Rhode Island Reds are some popular breed choices.

1 person likes this.
  4. chick rookie

chick rookie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    [​IMG] the people here are great!!!!! [​IMG] you will learn while having fun [​IMG]

5. Tag City Farm

Tag City Farm New Egg

Dec 15, 2013
    Thanks everyone! I'm looking for a docile, friendly, and well producing egg layer! I have twin 2 and half yr old daughters that will be learning with me. Thanks again for any advice I can get!

6. QuailRaiser

QuailRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

welcome to BYC

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Wyandottes are another breed you may want to look into. They are docile, inquisitive, and great layers. Mine have the most personality of all of my birds and are the hardiest. In the summer, they give me 6 eggs a week each, and drop off to maybe 4 a week in the winter.

8. Tag City Farm

Tag City Farm New Egg

Dec 15, 2013
    Thank you so much, looking them up right now!

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC & Merry Christmas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by