Howdy from beautiful Downtown Cary, NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TreeFrog, Apr 19, 2009.

1. TreeFrog

TreeFrog New Egg

Apr 19, 2009
    Nice to be here. . , I began attending Durham Hen's meeting early last year in hopes of replicating their process for amending the City's chicken ban: meeting with the various Planning / Zoning Dept. entities, council members, advocates from neighboring areas that allow chickens (Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, etc,). Unaware that there was a Cary Chickens group, I was horrified to read in the paper, last July, that the concept had been brought up at a council meeting without (to my assumption), vetting the concept up through the municipal jungle of who would actually write and enforce the ordinances, etc.
    I've interacted with the Town of Cary (and most of the other Triangle entities) for years as a component of my profession (Landscape Architect) and each municipality has there own idiosyncrasies. Sorry, I'm digressing.
    I really just wanted to say hi and that I'm ready to help kick some hay on Academy Street.
    -Peace out

2. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Missouri

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] Howdy neighbor! Well, I'm a distant neighbor (western Johnston county) but close enough. [​IMG] If Cary ever allows chickens in the city limits I'll [​IMG] !

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida. Good luck to you, I'm trying the same thing here where I live also.

5. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello and [​IMG] from New London NC

6. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Welcome from TX! And Cary is beautiful, I remember it from my marching band competition days. (the mall's bathrooms were the best place to get out of sweaty uniforms!) Kick some sense into those meddlers on Academy!

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

9. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl