1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Howdy from KY (Newbie) Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by holsingerfamily, May 18, 2008.

1. holsingerfamily

holsingerfamily Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    Kentucky :)
    We just got our baby chicks yesterday. They are 10 days old and our Barred Plymouth Rock I am told [​IMG] This is our first time having chicks and we are excited hehe. We are a homeschooling family of three special needs boys and they are just so happy as well [​IMG] I am so glad I found this site. Everyone seems so supportive and welcoming.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaaaaaawwwwwwww how precious. Yes those are little rocks and they are adorable. The chicks will be good for the kids. Enjoy them and [​IMG]

3. chick-e-chick

chick-e-chick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    They are really cute. We got our first ever chicks about six weeks ago, they were a week old. I found it a bit nerve wracking at first but really pleased we did it. They are so much fun, I'm sure you and the family will get great pleasure from them. Hope to chat to you soon.

Suzi

4. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Congratulations. I know your family will enjoy them. Be aware though, it's addictive!!! I hope the boys enjoy them.[​IMG]

5. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    I'm in KY Too, Where R U???

6. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Awww, cute chicks! We are a homeschooling family also (what a great project chickens are..). I'm jealous that you are able to have so many chicks. We have five now and that will be stretching the limits of our coop until we can get the run finished. Hope you have a great time with your chicks!

7. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Congrats on the new chicks, they are all cute (but, arn't all baby chicks?) WELCOME to BYC!
    Anytime you need info, just ask and someone will reply. You will learn a lot on here so, sit back, bukle-up and hang on!

8. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Welcome to BYC and congratulations on the new avian members of your family. [​IMG] Your sons should have a great time watching the chicks grow up, and nothing will beat the excitement of that first egg! [​IMG]
    Thanks for the pics, and keep us posted on how your new flock is coming along. [​IMG]

9. holsingerfamily

May 17, 2008
    Aww thanks so much everyone [​IMG]
    We are in central kentucky, Danville to be exact.. where are you?

10. holsingerfamily

May 17, 2008
    The birdy that has more black I think is the lead bird. It boasts around and the other two follow. It has been opening its mouth a lot like it wants to say something, does that mean it could end up being a roo?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by