Howdy from Middle Tennessee

mdrake1984

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2016
Lebanon, TN
Hi my name Michael Drake aka Randy. Ive been a poultry enthusiast since I was a kid. Ive worked extensively with OEGB & Cochin bantams in the past. After a long time away from the hobby ive decided to get back into the hobby with Blue/Black/Splash Wheaten Ameraucanas. I couldnt make up my mind on what color to work with and wanted whites but with the BBS id have more color than one single varitiety. I'll post pics of my coop in the coop threads.

Thanks... Im having a tough decision on my flock as a local breeder finally got back to me about some large fowl light brahmas they have... I havent placed my order for my ameraucanas yet so now im havin the breed juggle again... On the pro side the brahma are 1 yr old & the other two are 3-5 mths old.

Hi :welcome Michael

Glad you could join us here! It's great to hear you are getting back into keeping chickens :D I'm sure you will be do pleased with your decision.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Its been a tough decision but decided since im wanting show quality birds plus eggs for home use these were the better decision... Ive kept buff brahma bantams before but never large fowl brahmas so its a new experience since all ive kept and worked with were bantams due to their small size and ability to have alot in a smaller area... Im so excited for friday to get here cuz i really cant wait to get em...

Hi Michael and a warm welcome to BYC. You seem spoiled for choice! - get em all, thats what i say!
wink.png

All the best
CT

If i had more room id get a few different types but gonna work with light brahma for now but have some LF Buff Brahma eggs that a friend is gonna give me to hatch and work with :)

Thanks Mike... I guess ill be working with LF Buff Brahma as well since i found out a friend of mine raises them and is gonna give me a dozen or so eggs to hatch and a friend up home in WV is giving me some LF Light eggs from his flock :-D gonna have to build another coop or a bigger multi section coop...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom