Howdy from Missouri

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stuck in the Coop, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Stuck in the Coop

Stuck in the Coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    North Central, MO
    Hi all. [​IMG] I've been lurking around reading here off and on for months and finally registered. I live on a small farm in NWMO with my family and our assorted animals. We are raising chickens again and this time I wanted to do a better job so I am here to pick up all the education I can.

The chickens are supposed to be my daughter's 4-H project, but the truth is they are my babies [​IMG]. We have 20 - 9 week old pullets (RIR & BR) plus an 8 wk old BR cockerel. We are looking to add show chickens to the mix (probably Buckeyes) but that can wait for a bit. My girls are spoiled rotten already and think I'm a treat machine. I've had cockerels before that got mean so am working hard to make sure this one is as tame as possible. Kinda hoping 20 girls will wear him out and he may not have the energy to attack us.

The people in our family include myself, hubby, 8yr old daughter and 19 yr old son, who currently lives in SD for his job. Other animal family - momma cat + kittens; tom cat who thinks he is a dog; elderly neutered cat; elderly lab mix; Blue Heeler (she guards my chickens) and a silly Corgi who is scared of his own shadow.

I'd like to say Thank You! for all the wonderful information shared here. I've learned more than I thought possible about poultry and am thrilled how well my chicks are doing thanks to this site. [​IMG]

2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Michigan!

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

4. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Hello!
    [​IMG] from Australia!
    Glad you managed to find lots of info, that's what we're all here for [​IMG]

You wait till those pullets start to lay, you're going to be swamped [​IMG] RIRs are such good layers.

Hope to see you more around the forum [​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

9. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    [​IMG] from NW Washington State [​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress