Howdy from N. Garland Texas!

phelpcd1

Songster
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Hello.........I am new here, altho i've been lurking for a while. Me and hubby started building our coop this weekend, and should have it completed next weekend and ready for new tenants. Planning on taking a chicken class in 2 weekends, then purchase the 2 hens we are allowed in this city. Can't wait to learn all I can about chickens - hopefully, will be moving to our land in east texas someday and plan on having lots more than 2!

Hello Moonkit! I am planning on taking a class at North Haven gardens. They sell chickens right after the class - can't remember what the name of the farm is that comes in to sell the chickens, but prob on their website. At this point, I have no idea which breed i want but definately egg-layers and ones that are friendly and quiet. I don't think my neighbors will have issues, but I really don't want to attract attention either.

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from Washington State glad you joined us!

:welcome
Good luck, I hope you enjoy your chickens. That is a pretty interesting idea, selling the chickens after class. It's the first time I've heard of something like it!

Back
Top Bottom