Howdy from Oklahoma!!

figaro78

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 9, 2011
Our family is fairly new to raising chicken & ducks, but that hasn't stopped us from becoming one of those "Crazy about Chickens" People! We always had ducks, turkeys, chickens, ect... when I was young and even participated in the 4-H Chicken program in grade school, but it's a whole new level of excitement now that we have began our own flock. Our 2 boys, ages 4 & 7, and they are just as proud of their birds as we are.
smile.png

We have 4 chickens and 2 white ducks, all female & about 8 months old. I can't remember what kinds we have. I think 2 of them are Rhode Islands, we have one that is an Easter Egger and one that resembles an Owl w/ tufts of feathers at his neck. Hmmm..

Our first egg came around the first of August and they are all still laying very well. We get 2 duck eggs, 3 brown eggs and 1 blue easter egg almost daily!

They LOVE it when I give them fresh treats, grapes, watermelon, tomatoes, lettuce, ect... They seem to eat about anything! lol
smile.png

I've posted a few posts already & have got some great advice and warm welcomes from some of the BYC Members! We built our coop from a design that a BYC member had posted this past spring. Can't thank him enough for posting such a wonderful & thought out plan! The chickens & ducks have enjoyed it immensely & so do we!

Thank you!

Retro-fitted for winter w/ panels that can be taken back off very easily for spring & summer!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom