Howdy from South Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LVchicks, Feb 1, 2013.

1. LVchicks

LVchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2013
    I've been happily posting away in the forums, I thought it was about time I introduce myself.

My name is Karen, I live outside San Antonio. I have 10 children. My oldest is in college in Dallas, but currently studying in Rome. The rest are still at home although my son is a senior and will be leaving this summer for...somewhere. We are still waiting to hear from his top three choices. Our fingers are crossed for the USNA.[​IMG]

My husband is a food broker. He spends most of his time in SA but sometimes travels around the country and world checking farms, orchards, factories, shows etc..... Me, I stay home. :p
    I homeschool also. While he is the builder of the coop, these chickens will primarily be my project with the help of the children, especially the 6-14 year olds.

When I am not climbing Mt. Laundry, being a chauffeur, putting food in one end of kids or wiping it off the other...I love to read, quilt, work with pregnant women (educator, mentor, doula...whatever lands in my path) and now I seem to be picking up raising chickens.

We chose to raise chickens as a consistent source of high quality food for our family and because well, I like the idea of them. I'm also hoping to use them as pest control. Anyone who has ever lived or even visited S. Texas know how buggy our summers are.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, LVChicks, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Best of luck to you and your chicken project!

4. Dnetschke

Dnetschke Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2012
    Berthoud, CO
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by