howdy from Steamboat! new member.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cacklin'hen, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Cacklin'hen

Cacklin'hen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    Steamboat Springs, Co.
    Howdy,
    I am a market gardener from steamboat spring, Colorado. I grow veggies for market and storage at 7000 ft. elevation. I have a flock of laying hens (4 ameraucanas, 7 RIRs, 7 BOs, 7 BRs) and one ornery rooster. One superdog, and one kitty. It's winter here for 7months, spring for 1, summer for3, and fall for 1. We get up to 500 inches of snow every winter and have a temperature range of -40f to 90f. anyhoo one of my RIR can't stand up [​IMG] so i dropped in for some advice.[​IMG] Look forward to learning lots from y'all.
    -Jeremy, Cacklin' Hen Farms [​IMG]

2. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Welcome from LI NY

For answers to your roosters issues try posting in the Emergencies/ Diseases/ Injuries and Cures section... but before you post there is a sticky there that tells you what info to put... hope that helps [​IMG]

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] From Western Washington State

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Welcome!

5. TheBarnSwallow

TheBarnSwallow [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Lit

Welcome to the BYC lots of smart folks here to help with what ever you may wonder about regarding chickens.. and of course the usual amount of folks that will be happy to enable you with more chickens I am sure...

Ahhh COLORADO... we lived there for nearly 8 years down at Fort Carson and I got family up in the Brighton/ Denver area... such beautiful country for sure

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hey there Jeremy! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG]

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG] With them winter temps, [​IMG] I'm surprised any of them can stand. [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry, I hope she gets better.

8. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson, AZ and [​IMG] I'd love to see your garden!

9. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Welcome to BYC fellow Colorado person! I'm at 8000 ft so I know exactly what you mean about the seasons. I hope that your RIR improves.

10. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome from NH! And I thought our winters were hard!! Good for you for doing what you do despite it! Hope you get all the advice you need here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by