Howdy, from Texas

CacklingRanch

Songster
Apr 20, 2017
Texas
Good afternoon!

I'm not exactly a new member. I am an old member. I originally joined back in 2009/2010 and was a member until 2015. My family has raised chickens for many generations, at one point we ran a small hatchery and raised many rare and endangered species. A few years ago we moved focus to heritage breeds, but due to complications with time we sold almost the entire flock. We had pheasants, chukar, peacocks, quail (coturnix, bob white, gambels), and 40 breeds of chicken.

For the last 2 years I have had a few stragglers roaming around, but nothing like it was.

Recently I purchased a few layers and was given several assorted bantams / standards. There's a few we haven't identified yet but we're happy to be back into chickens. We went from 4 random Kraienkoppe (also known as Twentse) roaming around the yard to about 30 assorted chicks pretty much overnight.

We also have horses, dairy goats, pigs, dogs, cats, and a couple of peacocks.

I'm excited to be back on the forum and happy to help!

Howdy. Glad to know your an old newbie. I'm pretty much just a newbie.
1f642.png

Greetings from Kansas, CackleRanch, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you re-joined our flock! Your username name reminded my of when my dad used to called eggs, "cackle berries."
lol.png

Glad you came back to the roost! Best wishes!
celebrate.gif

Thank you.

I told myself we would never have chickens again.

When I told my husband I picked up a few chicks he told me "No! Put them back! They're like crack! You can't have just one put it back!"

We settled on no more than 40.
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom