Howdy from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AuntGoose, Aug 1, 2011.

1. AuntGoose

AuntGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Azle, Texas
    Howdy All,

My name is Dawn and I am a newby at chicken knowledge. My only experience is from my younger years when my grandmother kept chickens. As I go through reading about the care/raising/keeping and housing of them I have been remembering some things, but I am sure there is a whole world of things I never knew at all. I am looking forward to reading your posts and learning all I can.

I don't know if the moderators read these "hello" messages, but I would like to add that I am going to keep track of my progress on my personal website, but don't want to break any rules by posting the site url. Any "chicken" related posts there will be about my personal learning experiences that I will most likely also post here for comment and feedback. I don't want nor do I intend on having a forum for all like this one on my site since my site is about more than just chickens and it is, by definition, personal. So let me know if posting my personal site URL is acceptable.

We have 36 acres that we are starting to clear as it has been left to grow wild for about 10 years now. As we are clearing it and getting it ready to live on, we are making plans for what we will do with it. One of the things that I want to do is raise chickens. They are such a funny, tasty and useful bird. And from what I am seeing on this site and others, they can be quite decorative as well.

Thanks,
    Dawn

2. alabamayardbird

alabamayardbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Winfield, AL
    [​IMG] from alabamayardbird

3. alabamayardbird

Jul 16, 2011
    Winfield, AL

4. alabamayardbird

Jul 16, 2011
    Winfield, AL

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] and they are the funnest things to watch lol I hope the mods read it so they wont think you're promoting or something [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

7. tlangsr81

tlangsr81 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    Madera, CA
    Welcome from one newbie to another. ツ

8. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

9. AuntGoose

AuntGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Azle, Texas
    Gosh! Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I can tell this is going to be great! [​IMG] So happy I am not the only newby here tlangsr81!

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, Dawn! So glad you joined!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by