Howdy from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Textemale, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Textemale

Textemale Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2011
    Hi y'all! After reading and learning so much from this fabulous, addictive website, I thought I'd finally register. I don't know why it took me so long! We recently retired to a small town about an hours drive northwest of Austin, and have just completed converting a garden tool hut into a small chicken coop which includes a small covered run. After our return from a trip to Pennsylvania for a family reunion, we'll be getting a few hens. I couldn't be more excited!!

Thanks again for the website and all the information that's available here. [​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, Textemale! [​IMG] Great to have you on the BYC!! You will learn lots here about all things poultry. [​IMG] Best of luck with your hens and getting some of those farm fresh eggs!! [​IMG]

3. Textemale

Aug 11, 2011
    Thanks for the welcome redsoxs! I have already learned everything I know about chickens right here! The dog in your avatar is precious! He/she looks like a real sweetie!! How does the dog get along with the chickens?

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Quote:Totally great! He is just a big ham! He was very curious when they were chicks, now pretty much ignores them. They do the same with him. His name is Churchill.

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome to BYC! Good luck with your first hens! Chickens are awesome!

6. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    Greetings from South Carolina! [​IMG] Hope you enjoy it here.

7. Unclebean

Unclebean Rest in Peace 1977-2013

Jun 10, 2010
    Tower City, PA
    [​IMG] we are glad you joined!

8. Textemale

Aug 11, 2011
    Quote:Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! Unclebean, I see you're in Tower City. I'm from Williamsport and will be traveling to Lewisberg in a couple of weeks to visit family I have there. I can't wait to get away from this Texas heat for a few weeks!!

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. ChickenSnake

ChickenSnake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Montgomery County Texas
    Welcome! Welcome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by