Howdy From Texas

Chikenranchtex

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 17, 2012
Hello,
My name is William, I am new to chickens. however after much research, I have decided that I would like to start Keeping wonderful chickens for egg production, as well as a great learning and knowledge. I have found three breeds I am considering The buff Orpington, the Dominique(this one really interests me as its more uncommon) and the Australorp, and advice would be awesome. I shall post more info in other sections. I am From Dallas Texas area and I am 30 years old. Dont really know what to put here, but I plan to start designing my coop in the next few days. Thanks.

WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello and welcome from Southwest Ohio....glad you joined. I just bought 6 Black Australorp chicks. Have raised them in the past and loved them. Was so glad to find them locally. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

My sister lives in Dallas on the north side, always love to come down and visit.

Google the Henderson chicken chart for a very useful resource on breeds of chickens, you will really enjoy it.

Thank you all, I have already learned so much. I have already drawn up the plans for my coop! I am excited to get started, I am going to round up as many recycled materials as I can to use!

Back
Top Bottom