Howdy from the Southwest

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RugerRN, Oct 18, 2013.

1. RugerRN

RugerRN Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2013
    Arizona
    Howdy yall. My name is Casey. I live in Arizona in the city of Globe, nestled in the high desert of the Pinal Mountains. I've been keeping animals for pretty much my whole life, and try to be as self sustaining as possible. I've got my own little farm here where I raise a handful of cattle (beef & dairy), horses, and just started with my own chickens. My family always had a sizeable flock so I grew up with chickens, but I'd never had my own since I moved up here. Raising animals where I live isn't easy... We have ALOT of sneaky predators hanging around that are extremely resourceful. But, my coop building skills turned out to be pretty decent, and I brought home a quintet of Buff Orps a few months ago. I don't know why they are so fascinating, but I adore my chickens. My husband thinks I'm nuts ("They're just BIRDS" he says), but they sure are fun!

Anyway, nice to meet everyone. I just thought I'd join for some tips and tricks on raising a backyard flock, so I probably won't post much . But I'm sure happy to have found a place like this to answer any questions I might have. Thanks again for having me, and y'all take care :)

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    1 person likes this.
  3. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve.:frow

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] BYC has much to offer aside from chicken info, recipes, games, stories of family life, role playing games looking for members, people interested in photography, quilting, etc.

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by