Howdy! Loving the community, I didn't know how little I knew!

roaddevil

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2018
Michigan
Being a bit lazy and following the suggested questions below. Definitely learning more everyday, but I love having chickens again! Had them growing up and I will tell you we did not do anything like what I read on here! But safety in numbers and I didn't take pride in their care as I do now. Looking forward to my first eggs in a month or so! Wanting to do my best to keep my girls happy, totally feel like a weirdo saying that but thats how I feel; so eff it! Lol

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Back after many years away
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
6 - Had 8 and lost two to hawks. Have built an enclosure now!
(3) What breeds do you have?
3 Black Sex Links (my fave, so purty), 2 Rhode Island Reds and down to one small Barred Rock. Give her extra care as she is beat up a lot and her buddy was carried off.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They love me! Well, they love when I give them treats, but whateva.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Nothing farming related at all! Antique cars, motorcycles, beer and music. Well, I guess those things could be farm related after all....
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Not much, mostly a traveling fool but I love having chickens again.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Wanting to learn more to do my gals rights. I want happy chickens laying me lots of eggs and eating all the bugs in my yard.

alexa009

Crossing the Road
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Chickens are very entertaining creatures! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Top Bottom