Howdy ! Newbie hobby chickn' lady !

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChknHeadChknFed, Sep 28, 2016.

1. ChknHeadChknFed

ChknHeadChknFed Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2016
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Hey all! Love this site!!!! , I was a confirmed lurker until I read the membership post Hahaa, it inspired me to make the jump , I can't believe how much finding this site has helped me out!
    I live on Vancouver Island with my boyfriend, our two rottweilers, a cat and our three Barred Rock chicks. This is my first foray in to chicken-ing. Gotta say i love it. Like I said above this site has been invaluable to me .
    Looking forward to being a part of this little community you got going on here!! aaannnddd getting advice... lots and lots of advice!!
    cheers all!!!!
    Oh and call me jules :)

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Jules and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your chicks.
    You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Jules. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

4. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Barred Rocks are a great breed.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jules, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our flock! Best wishes to you and your barred rocks! :)

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Rottiemom105

Rottiemom105 New Egg

Aug 7, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Hey there! I have a Rottweiler also, he is so great with my girls!

9. ChknHeadChknFed

ChknHeadChknFed Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2016
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    wOw you guys are awesome!! I'm not great at this social media stuff but I'mma try hahaa!! Thank You for being so welcoming :)

My rotties haven't ever been around chickens before so they still don't quit know what to make of them...Ha!! I don;t trust 'em hehee..

I tell u it's been an adventure so far...I envision a mini hobby homestead-y-ish home...i can see it now... My man has put a kibosh of my grand dreams...temporarily ....I forgot to mention i liked in Vancouver for the first 23 years of my life in apartments and condos for all of them and mowed my first lawn at 29 or 30 bahahaaa!! but a girl can dream.. and dreams can come true!!
    Yup.. this now island girl dreams of livin a quasi farm life! Who'da guessed?

Thanks for havin me!!!

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello Jules, and welcome to Backyard chickens! Congratulations on joining us at BYC, and I hope you have fun. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by