Howdy, we're new...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SillyAndSalty, Jul 29, 2007.

1. SillyAndSalty

SillyAndSalty New Egg

Jul 29, 2007
    Graham, WA
    ...to this site, and to chicken-farming.

We have 10 chickens, about 4-5 months old. Two RIR, 3 Auracana, 2 white ones, 2 black ones that I think are some kind of bantam, and one kind of calico-looking one that also is probably some kind of bantam. We found a chart that categorizes chickens, with pictures, online, so I'll figure out what it is we have later [​IMG]

We are on an acre and a quarter. We have 2 kids, 3 dogs, the 10 chickens, and will soon have 2 kittens. We keep saying we have enough pets, and then we end up getting more. We're going to start raising pigs for slaughter next spring/summer. Salty's Mom and Stepdad raise beef and share it with us when they slaughter, so we thought we'd take care of eggs and pork.

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    welcome

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Welcome to CHICKENMANIA! [​IMG] Sounds like you have a great plan. Of, and of course...we are picture hungry!! [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome to the roost!

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Welcome to BYC , you will love it here............good start it sounds like...... and yes , we NEED pictures bad [​IMG]

6. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Welcome to BYC.

You have enough room for more than 10.....chickens are an addiction ya know!!!

Jean

7. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!!! The home of chicken addicts young and old!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by