Howdy Ya'll from Garland, Tx

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by civ_civ_chick, Jul 9, 2010.

1. civ_civ_chick

civ_civ_chick New Egg

Jul 9, 2010
    Garland
    Hello there!

So, I finally decide to join the group...after having found BYC on google a while ago to look up info regarding the eggs we incubated at home.

Our friends generously gave us some of their hen's eggs and let us borrow their incubator, so that our children could watch the process and development. It was amazing!!! I think I was more excited than they were!

After the long labor and sleepless nights we finally had chicks! Our babies are now 5 weeks old and just a-growing.

We would like to know if there is anyone else here from Garland, TX that we can connect with??? We have so many questions!

Sad news, is that since we are not allowed roosters here, we may have to give some of our babies up. I know for sure that Beaker is a rooster, but not sure about the rest yet. It's just going to break my heart to have to give him up or any of the others up!

I look forward to hearing from some of my neighbors!

Sincerely,
    Maria (me), my kids and my lil' feathery ones; Beaker, Skeeter, Big Bird, Pippi, Speckles, Raptor and Pebbles.

P.S.

I'm not sure as to what kind of bread they are, as our friends have a variety running around on their homestead. Either way...we love 'em!

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
  3. iheartmaddy

iheartmaddy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Hi!
    I'm located in Fort Worth and have 2 5 week old Rhode Island Reds. After hearing all the great stories from my co-worker about raising chickens, my husband and I decided to take the plunge. We did have three, but my dog got a hold of one. It was a very sad and a lesson learned.

We are in the process of making an amazing coop with a run, which I wish they were in right now. My husband threw together a temporary coop that isn't the best in this rain. I keep checking in on them every ten minutes. Did you build a coop or buy a new one? If you are planning to build let me know if you need help/suggestions. My husband never built anything like this, but being an engineer he managed to build a coop beyond what I ever expected.

Do you know or could suggest anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that has other breeds of pullets? We want to add two more to our family, but want to be able to tell them apart. [​IMG]

Maddy

4. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    [​IMG]

We live near Cedar Creek Lake.
    You can e-mail, or PM us anytime and if we can help with questions we would be happy to.

Jean

5. debnlaptop

debnlaptop New Egg

Sep 30, 2012
    It seems like this is an old thread but I am so interested. Is anybody still online?

6. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    I just Finished saying it was National Meet People From Texas Week!!
    See what I mean?

7. debnlaptop

debnlaptop New Egg

Sep 30, 2012
    Get Black Copper Marans or Buff Orpingtons. Great layers and very friendly birds.

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Maria, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Enjoy those chickens!

9. Fentressfarmer

Fentressfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Fentress Texas
    Just wanted to say howdy from Fentress, Texas!!!!! There is a great Texas thread you need to get on I think it's in where are you link. Or you can look at my profile I think it will take you there. There are lots of people around you and ask away on questions. Again WELCOME!!! There are lots of enablers on here that will have you wanting more and more chicks!! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by