Howdy Yall!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kiker Farms, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Kiker Farms

Kiker Farms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2015
    Smalltown North Georgia
    Hey there yall. My name is Mr. Sapough (sounds like "say-poe") and I am the primary caretaker of the chickens or as i will refer to as the "girls" at my Father in Laws Farm. I am new to this forum and i am so glad i found it, b/c just in one day i was able to find everything i needed regarding feather eating and pecking problems. I was able to save a lot of $ and now i will go buy home remedy ingredients simply b/c i read several treads. Just as a little back ground i own 14 chickens; all of which are hens and no rooster (city sound ordinance violation). I have buff orpingtons., Americaunas, Dominiques, rhode island reds, and pearl leghorns. My father in law and me both married in the same year (he obviously re-married) and there is a place in our hearts that our wives can fill lol. Seriously though we love the chickens. They are trained for snacks and they submit when i want to pet then. Primarily myself, however i could have not done it with out my father and father in law, i took an old shed and made a huge coop with a run using 100% re purposed materials. Anyway i know that i am rambling, however i love having chickens and i am currently talking my father into getting a small flock. I look forward to reading many more threads and even posting some of my own.

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Hello, and welcome to BYC, Mr. Sapough![​IMG]

It sounds like you have a nice flock with some excellent breeds! I've had an Americana and a Rhode Island Red before and have quite enjoyed their egg production and temperaments. I used to have some of my chickens trained as well, but they haven't had to perform any tricks lately.[​IMG]

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you decided to join us.

Enjoy the forums.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. Chicken Girl1