Howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by celticravenz, Nov 12, 2010.

1. celticravenz

celticravenz Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    Hello, My name is Jan aka celticravenz and I live in the Beautiful state of Alaska. We have just started to raise a few Layers and Roo's. I am having a great time every day going out to see if we have any eggs. It's like a kid going on a treasure hunt [​IMG] Other then Chickens we have 1 goat (pet) 4 dogs and a cat. We do plan on getting some turkeys next summer and who knows what else LOL
    When I'm not out with our critters, I am a crafter. I bead & sew, sometimes put the 2 together. I like to try new tips of crafts and have done some simple leather work, tole painting, wood working, stained glass, and just simple thing to keep busy.

I am interested in learning what I can to keep my critters happy & healthy & hope to beable to helps others as I gain the know how.
    Thanks for the opportunity.
    Jan

2. Maxie1101

Maxie1101 Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG] Glad to meet you!! It sounds like you have a great menagerie of animals! Isn't it fun? I have 2 Golden Retrievers, 2 Americaunas, 1 Buff Orpington, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, and 1 Brown Leghorn. Hoping for my first eggs in February...cant' wait!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hi!

4. celticravenz

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    Oh yeah I'm loving it!!!! We started with 2 old english game (roo & hen) Cornish (roo) Easter Egger (hen) Then got a Buff Orpington (hen) Silver Wyandotte (hen)
    My daughter friends parents are splitting so she had to get rid of hers so we took them for her. 5 roo's and 2 hens...... 4 roo's are leghorns the other we arn't sure and the hens I'm thinking are Welsummers.

It's a small world You are from SF area I grew up in Oakland... Thanks for the welcome [​IMG]

5. celticravenz

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    Hi [​IMG] the old chick [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. You've come to the right place. [​IMG]

7. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings from warm and sunny Tucson! [​IMG] Stay warm!

8. 2many2count

2many2count Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Illinois
    [​IMG]
    glad to meet ya [​IMG]
    grab a seat and enjoy!![​IMG]

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by