Howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jazzband, Dec 27, 2012.

1. jazzband

jazzband New Egg

Dec 27, 2012
    New to byc but looking forward to the posts and hopefully some ideas and opportunities for bartering. One thing you find out pretty quick when raising chickens is that you now have eggs, eggs and more eggs. We are always looking for ways to get our eggs to folks who would like fresh farm eggs. We live near Golden Colorado so if you are close by and want eggs, let me know. Also, we would dearly love to find a home for our rooster. It is hard to determine sex in chicks and we ended up with a crowing fool. Unfortunately, we look at the chickens more as pets and less as a food source, but I have no qualms if you want to cook up Mr. Chicken for your dinner. If you would like a young (about 6 months old) rooster, let me know. jazzband

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Welcome from the Western Sierra Foothills in California! I am just one single person and simple cannot eat all the eggs produced by my flock nor do I have enough egg customers to use 'em all. Sometimes I donate a few flats of eggs to a local church for their community pantry.

If I had a smaller flock, that would help, but there's no way I am gonna reduce its numbers because they're all named pets.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    jazzband, welcome to BYC. [​IMG]

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!!

7. Danslees

Danslees Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2012
    Te Awamutu, New Zealand
    Howdy and hi :)

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] X 2 Redsoxs' advice. There is a section for rehoming roosters in the BST section. You do however need a post count of 20 + to be able to post an ad. But if you stick around here and greet a few newbies you'll get there quick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by