howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flogging mollie, Mar 9, 2014.

1. flogging mollie

flogging mollie New Egg

Mar 9, 2014
    west fork arkansas
    I started raising chickens about 2 years ago, went up and down with totals, getting some, seeing I had several roosters, and butchering..I was down to 6 hens, my girls, for about a year....just recently got 14 new kids, some young, some up to 2-3 yrs old...I knew there were 4 roosters out of the 14...planned on butchering two maybe, and keeping some to maybe hatch some chicks this spring...never done it...so no idea there...after a week or so realized I actually had 6 roosters...two were just too young to tell by looks, but they were crowing and gettin on my hens, and fighting eachother...sooo 6 roosters is waaaay too many for me...I love how beautiful they are but that's about it.....so we mjust butchered 3, and I kept the 3 biggest ones for mt girls...sooooo now I have 17 chickens, 14 hens and 3 roosters...got a coop we built a few years ago, with the old metal boxes in there..two sets of 6...and an outside area for them all fenced and topmfencedmtoo to prevent them flying out or anything getting in...I do let them out to go all overmalmost every day....we live on 8 1/2 acres in the woods on a mountain...they love scratching for bugs in the leaves...I could go on and on..

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. BlessedCountry6

BlessedCountry6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello and Welcome!! Sounds like you have a lot of experience with chickens! [​IMG]

4. flogging mollie

flogging mollie New Egg

Mar 9, 2014
    west fork arkansas
    Haha not really im learning every day!! Guess I know more than someone who never has! ;)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  5. BlessedCountry6

BlessedCountry6 Chillin' With My Peeps

lol true. There is always more to learn!!

1 person likes this.
  6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Good luck in all your poultry adventures and welcome to BYC!

1 person likes this.
  7. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
    Welcome to BYC from West TN ! You have to watch out for that good ole Chicken Math !

1 person likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

1 person likes this.
  10. flogging mollie

flogging mollie New Egg

Mar 9, 2014
    west fork arkansas
    Thanks everyone im excited to be a part of the group!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by