Hows my quail coop/pen? *PICS* Quailies are here!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Attack Chicken, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Most of it was made from wood we had left over from the chicken coop, but it was still in good shape. Most of the structure is new wood that had been bought. There still is a little bit of stuff that needs done but it's pretty much finished. Over all lenght of the cage is 5 ft long x 3 ft high and 2ft 9ins wide. It will be painted when I get the time to just to cover the wood. This should be big enough for 9 or so coturnix and 1 BW right? If all goes as planned I should have my quailies tonight thanks to Coopcrazy! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    WOW Kellly Home run .. Honey I Love the chicken door and the quail are gonna flip whent hey see that cage ... Cant wait to see you will be up that way in a few hours

3. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I forgot on how many you were going to bring LOL.... You think it will fit them nicely? I hope so [​IMG]

4. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Wow that is pretty neat. Awesome job. I love the rooster cut out on the sidgreat Idea

5. Animallover606

Animallover606 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Awesome coop! ! 2 thumbs up! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Love the carved out door! [​IMG]

7. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Excellent job there... Love the detailing.. [​IMG]
    I do have a concern about putting a Bob White in with your Coturnix though...
    Bobs are many times quite vicious to Coturnix. I'd keep a close eye on them.

David

8. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] Thank you so much Coopcrazy! I love the little buggers. They settled in realy nicely with their new cage. The roo was crowing right as he got here and put in the cage. The first thing a couple of girls do is walk over to their feed and start scooping it out and it falls to the ground! Silly birds!

I ended up with 9 quailies:
    1 Bob White (?)
    3 Jumbos (1 roo and 2 girls)
    1 tibetan (?)
    1 tibetan tuxedo? (?)
    1 white/italian? (?)
    2 cinnamon (2 girls)

If you can tell the sex of the (?) ones let me know! [​IMG] Here they are! Do they look like happy birds to you?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok thats all the pictures I'm going to upload LOL running out of space!

The BW is alot smaller than the coturnix. So far he/she seems like the lowest in the order. Still a shy bird but did end up coming out and dustbathing with the rest!

9. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Kelly They look soo happy..I hope you dont have issues with the bob.... We havent had any but once he gets a lil bigger who knows...

10. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

That coop look excellent, and what beautiful birds you have! [​IMG] Good luck, and have fun [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by