How's the laying going?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We are getting a couple Muscovy eggs each day now and the gray Runners are getting going. The geese are mating but no eggs yet from them.

Steve

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Not. At. All. Argh! lol! [​IMG] I have 16 hens and NONE is laying. I look in the pen every morning hoping!

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Did you manage to sell any of your ducks Cat.

4. Hi! Only my Ancona girl is laying right now, she's been pretty consistent all winter.
    Nothing from the Pekin and crested Pekin girls and nothing from the Blue Swedish. I got a couple of eggs from the Muscovy girls last week.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Glad someone is getting DUCK eggs! I am getting Chicken Eggs but NO Duck Eggs!

6. gofasterstripe

Im getting 4 a day from the Pekins, nothing from my Dipsey ducks.. and Im getting 1 every 2 days from the babies (27weeks old)
    Oh Lisa...im wondering if Tula is a he/she duck. I was outside for a few hours yesterday and Tula & PomPom were the only ducks near me so I had a good look and listen to see who was making the noises. Sounds like Tula is a female, she doesnt quack as loud as a female but she doesnt have the rasp or a drake. Do you think she will lay eggs. Only way I will find out is if and when they are all laying If I go in there and find 8 eggs regular then I will know she is a she...I dunno [​IMG] very weird...female duck with a drake feather

7. iamcuriositycat

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    @gofasterstripe: Nope, no sales yet. I haven't worked it very hard, though. I guess I'm not in that big a hurry. [​IMG]

8. gofasterstripe

Darn...If it wasnt for the fact it costs me $50 in gas to get there I would be up there to get birds in a heart beat.

9. iamcuriositycat

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Ha! Well, if you're interested in any of them, maybe we can arrange something that would make it worth your while. Time is a premium for me, so driving probably isn't an option but... let me know which birds you think you'd like to contemplate & I'll see what I can work out. I'd be delighted for them to have such a great home. I'll send pics some time cause they're not still up on the auction section. But I gotta run right now...

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    So far, I have collected about 7 dozen muscovy eggs for 2011. The geese are laying but not setting yet. Really don't want any more geese. 9 is enough for me. If they hatch any out, I guess I will sell them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by