Hubbard White Mountain Broiler

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Eggseronious, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I have some info on these but not a great lot. Anyone have any info, what about you Greyfield? [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    No idea! Sorry. [​IMG]

3. Eggseronious

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
  4. UncleHoot

UncleHoot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    St. Johns, Michigan
    They're basically just a cornish cross, pretty much like all the others...

That's what I raised for my first batch (ever). I only had 10, but I didn't have any die except for a predator attack, and no other problems. I got mine from Townline (linked above) which is the only place I've seen them. But I think other hatcheries probably carry them, just under a more generic name.

5. Eggseronious

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Thats true UncleHoot, what I did notice that they mentioned the hens lay a fair amount of eggs also. Sorta seemed odd that they mentioned this.

6. elvi

elvi New Egg

Mar 29, 2008
    Newaygo County, MI
    I got 50 of these from Townline this year..they threw in a few extra...they are about 4 weeks old and doing great. Have not lost any. I feed them 20% protein feed, give them as much as they want and take out the food at about 7pm (return it at about 8am). One started showing some signs of a leg problem so i seperated it into my "hospital" brooder...I think the other chicks were squishing it to hard as it recovered well. I gave them more heat lamps since then as well.

Neighbors had these last year. They kept 5 hens, limited their food,and they laid an egg about every other day..they incubated their eggs..birds were not the same cross but still grew big and meaty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by