Hubble is fun, Hubble is cool...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by missourichickenmama, Nov 9, 2008.

1. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    I love Hubble how about you?
    what is Hubble? Click here!
    HERE

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    It's so amazing! Every time there is a show on about space, I like to try and watch it.... love the images from Hubble.

3. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:me too... what is your favorite planet? mine is saturn [​IMG]. i love the rings, you can even see them through a ordinary telescope!

4. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I don;t really have a favorite planet so much as I am amazed by Nebulas! [​IMG] I could look at pictures of them all day! I watched a show recently... but I couldn;t tell you what it was called because I caught it halfway through... but it was about black holes, galaxies, matter... it was really intriguing. They were talking about cannibalistic galaxies and dark matter. It was really neat.

5. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:yeah, that show is awesome![​IMG] i can not find nebulae [​IMG] (i think that is the plural?it was in my spell check...anyway) even tough i have a good telescope.[​IMG]. grandpa got it for me [​IMG]! i am glad someone else in the BYC likes space stars and the like too!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  6. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Anybody know a good quality inexpensive 'scope? Advice?

7. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LOL that is probably it... my spell check caught mine but didn;t offer a suggestion... so I just went with it... LOL

I wish I knew of a good inexpensive one... someday I'd like to get one of those computerized ones that takes you right to the spot when you enter the info in [​IMG]

8. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    That is beautiful and amazing!!! Thanks for posting!!!

9. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Sometimes local stargazers have nights when the public can come out and use their telescopes. A lot of times it's based on comets or times when planets are close to us. Check with local museums, they usually have a line in to these people. My mom used to take me when I was young... very cool [​IMG]

10. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:wow, i did not know people did that... when i star gaze i usually go into the pasture. it provides me with an unobstructed veiw of the sky.check THIS site out! it's awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by