1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hubbs the chick wrangler

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tala, May 1, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I heard the dog whining this morning and then I heard DH tell her that she couldn't come out until he got the escapee put up.

A chick escaped from their tractor, and instead of waking me up DH went out to wrangle it all by him self!!!

I'm so proud! [​IMG]

Today I'm gonna try hand feeding some meal worms or something hopefully to make them easier to catch. They're not at all afraid of people, it's just the CATCHING thing they have a problem with. Which leads to a lot of [​IMG] if one escapes

2. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    As long as you aren't trying to feed your dh the meal worms for his ubber-good deed [​IMG]
    Mine has done similar good things for me too! He has even wrangled my horses when they got out, caught ducks for me, builds my coops and fed and tended to all my animals for a whole month when I was on bed rest with our son.
    [​IMG]

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

He's perfectly willing to help out, but he's kinda "unsure" about actually handling the chicks.

The other day I had him close them in their house at dark, and his first question was "will I have to pick up each one?" and I assured him that they generally do go in on their own at dark --- so to go out to catch one unassisted -- he's come leaps and bounds in such a short time!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by