Hubby does his own chicken math (and devises meanest punishment ever)!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Criskin, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

So hubby and I had agreed to no more hatching eggs after my next shipment comes in. We're being careful with money and while he knows I'm happier with chickens, he also knows I tend to go overboard with all my hobbies. It sounded reasonable so I agreed. THEN I saw an auction that I couldn't pass up and, well, I figured a dozen more couldn't hurt. I mean, they could all go into the bator at once and I'd rather have 24 chances for fuzzy butts as opposed to 12! It sounds reasonable, right? Anyway, as soon as I pressed the bid button I felt guilty. When I won, I felt even worse. By the time he came home I felt just awful because I knew we had made an agreement and I had acted like a selfish little kid and gone against it anyway. I was cooking dinner, nearly in tears and feeling awful (I'm pregnant and hormonal anyway), when hubby walked in. He was worried that something was really wrong and I blurted out the whole story and apologized. He just laughed, asked if that was really all that was wrong, and told me that as punishment I should have to fry up and eat the eggs when they arrived. He was kidding, of course, but I think that's the end of my egg buying this year!

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] to your DH for being such a kind, understanding man. I wouldn't try that again, though! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  3. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Agreed! Thank God for a sweet, forgiving hubby! [​IMG]

Now about those eggs,.. what kind did ya get??? [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

5. Criskin

Quote:Agreed! Thank God for a sweet, forgiving hubby! [​IMG]

Now about those eggs,.. what kind did ya get??? [​IMG]

I thank God for him every day! It's funny- in a moment of exasperation my dad once said "It will take a man with the patience of a saint to marry you." I thought he was kidding, but right after my marriage he told me "I can now die in peace knowing that you have such a patient, kind man to look over you when I'm no longer there to do it." Luckily Dad is still in good health and here to keep an eye on me (not to mention take my calls any time something wonderful or horrible happens), but since he isn't an overly sentimental man his comment means all the more. I'm a very lucky girl to have two such amazing men in my life!

Now for the good stuff! lol I ordered a dozen Black Copper Marans from Ebay first and then won a BYC auction for a dozen of hinkjc's buff orp eggs! I'm in egg hatching heaven!

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

If I saw a preggers relative (n'mind spouse) crying like that I'd freak clean out... finding out it was something that small and I'd do a happy dance... totally see why he didn't go nuts... relief will do that to a person.

Glad it worked out... but yeah, maybe tilt those nesting instincts into a less expensive direction. [​IMG]

7. Criskin

Quote:Unfortunately, in my case it is all too common. I sometimes cry at commercials! I'll be happy when this baby is born and I'm no longer crazy and addicted to waterproof mascara! [​IMG]

8. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:Awww, that's so cute. She still thinks she won't be crazy anymore after the baby gets here. [​IMG]

Your hubby sounds like a keeper, for sure. [​IMG]

9. Criskin

Quote:Awww, that's so cute. She still thinks she won't be crazy anymore after the baby gets here. [​IMG]

lol I guess I'll settle for a different kind of crazy! I'm normally not much of a crier so I always feel so silly when I tear up!

10. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

My two kids are here, I still tear up all the time... Not quite as bad, but yup, way more then I ever used too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by