Hubby leaves for BCT tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Shadowhills Farm, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Songster

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    My husband, Garrett (ConchRepublic) is leaving for Ft. Still, Oklahoma tomorrow. He has 10 weeks of basic and 4 weeks of AIT, so won't be back until around Christmas time...

2. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

3. Shadowhills Farm

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    Thank You turney, Im going to need that hug!

4. my Dh will be home around then too, so we can be lonely and miss them together until then. When my DH shipped out to BCT, my youngest was 5 weeks old, and my middle child was almost 2, and my oldest was almost 4... i just about died with the amount of crap I had to deal with when he was gone... we rented, and heat was included, well, on a friday evening, the propane tanks went empty, and the house was poorly insulated, and it got colder and colder, and colder, and we didn't have any money, had JUST paid rent for the month, and ended up having to call my dad, and have him put 100 gallons on his Credit card, and he had to pay for an emergency visit by the propane people... and then of course DD (2) managed to slip on her own pee, right next to the bathtub, I was putting her in the tub, and she was walking well by then, but she just managed to pee and slip, in 1/2 a second, and pushed her teeth through her lip, and she was naked, and peed on, and screaming, and bloody, and her lip was just hanging there.... and I got about 5 flat tires while he was gone, and had to move while he was gone, and lost my job while he was gone, so, i guess what I'm saying, is that YOU WILL BE FINE. things are going to happen, and things are going to suck, but it will all work out in the end. BE strong, and cut yourself some slack~

5. silkydragon

silkydragon Songster

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    lol lucky him the airforce in my area is so backed up recruiter told me might be a yr before i get to basic

6. Me & My Peeps

Me & My Peeps Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    Western MA
    Thanks for your service!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  7. Shadowhills Farm

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    chickensducks&agoose :

my Dh will be home around then too, so we can be lonely and miss them together until then. When my DH shipped out to BCT, my youngest was 5 weeks old, and my middle child was almost 2, and my oldest was almost 4... i just about died with the amount of crap I had to deal with when he was gone... we rented, and heat was included, well, on a friday evening, the propane tanks went empty, and the house was poorly insulated, and it got colder and colder, and colder, and we didn't have any money, had JUST paid rent for the month, and ended up having to call my dad, and have him put 100 gallons on his Credit card, and he had to pay for an emergency visit by the propane people... and then of course DD (2) managed to slip on her own pee, right next to the bathtub, I was putting her in the tub, and she was walking well by then, but she just managed to pee and slip, in 1/2 a second, and pushed her teeth through her lip, and she was naked, and peed on, and screaming, and bloody, and her lip was just hanging there.... and I got about 5 flat tires while he was gone, and had to move while he was gone, and lost my job while he was gone, so, i guess what I'm saying, is that YOU WILL BE FINE. things are going to happen, and things are going to suck, but it will all work out in the end. BE strong, and cut yourself some slack~

Oh wow! Sorry you had to go through all of that. Yes, I will be OK [​IMG] Just can't believe the day actually came... He is excited to go, but sad to leave me and our 8 week old son behind. We will be strong for him

Thanks for your service!!

Thank you!​

8. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Ummm, you can have mine! [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Shadowhills Farm

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: