Hubby's dog to be classified as Pest!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by The Kibble Goddess, Oct 28, 2010.

1. The Kibble Goddess

The Kibble Goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Sylvania, Ga
    Since I was home much of yesterday, I decided to let the ladies range earlier than usual. Made sure all the dogs were in the house and let the girls out. We were rocking along when I hear the alarm cackle. Go flying out the door. There is hubbby's dog, Buddy rushing the fence. "You Bad Dog! How Did You Get Out!!!" Put Buddy up. Back outside. Here comes Polish & she's OK. Put her up. Uh-oh, there's a pile of feathers on the ground. Sister's. Where is the rest of the chicken? Spent 2 hours beating the bushes, checking under and over everything, up in the trees, in both neighbor's yards. Where is that chicken? Dead or alive she's got to be here somewhere. Was about to give up when Sister comes strolling out from under the playhouse (she's the same color as our dirt & I couldn't see her under there). Thank goodnes! But now she's tail-less [​IMG] Checked her over, just a few pin-pricks of blood on her bum. Put some Neo on them and she's right as rain. But Phew! that was a close one.

2. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    hubby's dog... is it not your dog too? [​IMG]

3. The Kibble Goddess

The Kibble Goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Sylvania, Ga
    Ummm.... sort of. When we got married (27 years ago!) I had a dog and a cat, he had a dog. When his dog died, he said, "I like your dog, but I want my own dog." And so he got another dog. Same thing when my dog died. Has been that way down through the years. Of course, Hubby barely knows where the dog food is, much less when flea treatment & heartworming is due and the name of our vet! But then, though I do know how to change a tire, I haven't done so in about 15 years, so we're even.

4. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Quote:[​IMG] Love it!

Glad your girls are ok and hopefully you found where Buddy was getting out at.

5. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Since you are almost newly weds in comparison to some here and I am the DH, this is our agreement. If my DW's cat or dog kills a chicken, she must replace it. If my dog kills a chicken
    or any animal, I not only replace the critter but the dog as well. After all these years, she can't bring herself to replace a killer. She kinda has an idea about 2 that came up missing a few days after an attack but can't prove anything. They just didn't show up for dinner 1 night and have not been seen since. Let this happen and your DH will learn to care for his dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by