Hudson, Wisconsin! (St. Croix County)

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by jbher, Mar 21, 2013.

1. jbher

jbher Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2013
    Hudson, WI
    Hi all! Anyone out there in or around Hudson, Wisconsin (St. Croix County)?? I just started a Facebook page for Hudson Urban Chickens. Hoping to start gathering information, and more importantly, support to get the ordinance changed! Welcome any and all advice!

Jen

2. colieann

colieann New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    we live in st. croix county in richmond township is there anyway we can find out if we can raise chickens where we live?

3. jbher

Mar 21, 2013
    Hudson, WI
    I didn't see anything listed - I will check the county website: http://www.co.saint-croix.wi.us/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={AC7ED883-1F9C-435E-B7AB-37926B386E7A}

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I do have my VP living in Hudson, WI and I do not know if he can tell you about the ordiances of the town. Wonderful guy! He goes by the name of SCIcelandics on here on BYC...or you can find him in past threads in the Welsummer threads.

5. jbher

Mar 21, 2013
    Hudson, WI
    Oh that's great to know - thank you!

6. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    I live in Hudson I breed silkies, showgirls, and rosecombs. I just sold some chicks to a friend that lives in north hudson what are the laws for keeping them

7. jbher

Mar 21, 2013
    Hudson, WI
    You must live in Hudson Township?? Currently the City of Hudson says "no one shall own or harbor livestock within city limits" We are surrounded by cities and towns that allow them. North Hudson, Prescott, Hudson Township, Stillwater, Bayport, Afton... Our Public Safety meeting is on Thursday at 6pm and we're gathering a lot of people to show up in support. They will be discussing our proposal and will give a recommendation on whether or not it should pass. So everything is on this meeting right now...

Check out our page on Facebook! It's www.facebook.com/HudsonUrbanChickens

8. silkielover5

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    I live out in the country by somerset and new Richmond but technically in hudson. I really hope it passes because I'd hate to have to take those chicks back :( but I have around 70 birds :)

9. jbher

Mar 21, 2013
    Hudson, WI
    Okay it sounds like the person you sold to lives in the City of North Hudson? Residents in North Hudson are allowed to have chickens - so they are in luck!! Hopefully we will be allowed the same! I personally would love to have some silkies so I will be writing down your name :)

10. silkielover5

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    I'll try to go

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by