Huey ONE Dharma Zero!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by walkswithdog, Nov 4, 2008.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Well, Dharma made a break for it today while I cleaned out the brooder. He successfully avoided my body and my notice.

He DID NOT however, escape Huey's notice. Huey is one of my varmit dogs.

When I stood up Huey raced behind me and grabbed the offending chicken refugee. Dharma squalled like his head was bitten half off. I turned around and YELLED at Huey to LEAVE IT! Huey dropped the obnoxious little bird like it was a hot coal. I snatched him up.

A quick check and Huey did nothing more than catch the stupid little piker and make him hollar.

Rumpled and flustered the idiot animal was more than happy to go back in to the brooder... for the time being.

I'm betting that Dharma might look for Huey before he scoots out the brooder gate again... Nah. That would require some modicum of discretion and sense. Dharma has neither.

Huey, however, was richly rewarded for releasing the feathered flight risk. He loves bologna.

Calling off on command has been Huey's bugaboo. Thank God I did work on it.

There may be a chance that the little winged weirdo will survive to adulthood. Though it's unlikely.

Here I remain, middle aged crazy and getting help from the flighted nit wit.

Cher

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Hmmmm careful Dharma doesn't figure out Huey can be bribed with bologna!

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Good LORD woman, SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Do you think that little FIEND won't hear you?

If he starts retraining the dogs, I'm putting coals on the BBQ and sending him back to H... E.... double toothpicks.

Quote:

4. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    Too funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by