HUGE air cells on shipped eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by texaschickmom, Oct 31, 2011.

1. texaschickmom

texaschickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    These eggs are on day 14 and there are little chicks dancing around in there. These were shipped eggs that took 6 days for the USPS to get to me. Out of 10, only 3 have made it this far. My concern is that 2 of these have huge air cells...I'm talking 1/2 of the egg! Will the chicks be deformed? Will they even develop fully with less room? I need to hear some voices of experience out there. Please....

2. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
  3. texaschickmom

texaschickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Quote:Since I received them SO late (6 days) I only let them rest for 12 hours. I figured I better get them in the incubator or I would have none hatch at all. I'm down to these three. I wish I had 4 hands so I could take a picture of this enormous air cell. It took my breath away when I saw it this morning. [​IMG]
    Thanks for that link. Very informative. I'll definitely bookmark that for future reference.
    I guess I'll just see what happens. I'm just wondering if the little thing will get squished in there and be deformed. I sure hope not....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by