Huge batch of eggs help.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazychicken, Apr 25, 2009.

1. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    me and my dad were talking it over, since my geese eggs were a failed 33 days of my incubating expertise,even with the help of MissPrissy. I will candle them one last time tonight and if I still see nothing tomorrow I will crack em open (out side) and get photos to get a diagnoses. any way since they did not hatch we were talking about how I could get more money to go toward future expansion/feed cost by taking advantage of all my fertile eggs. well we were thinking about just saving every single one from the fertile pen, and just incubating. and stagger it so that one batch comes out another goes in as soon as I can clean it. but the problem you see is this,I go to school five days a week and have many other things to do and in the past this was not a problem because mom or dad could turn. but since they are both now working I will not have someone always available to turn them. The max number of eggs I have ever tried to hatch was 18 it was hard, but back then I was home schooled and mom stayed home with us so that was not a problem. now though it is... I could use some home made auto turner plans. so I can make one to do all the turning for me.

--- Future Mini Hatchery [​IMG]

2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I have a turner I would be willing to send to you. I don't know how old you are,. but check with your folks and pm me if you want it.

3. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Thanks I would love to have it...... but parents said no [​IMG]

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL

That doesn't make any sense...

5. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC

That doesn't make any sense...

Yeah call em crazy too bad I have to call them family.

I guess they do not want me hatching 50+ just yet besides it would probably take me a month or so to get that many.

Time to get creative Teenaged brain working up a small modified auto turner. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by