Huge Egg?!

photographybycasea

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Hey guys!!
I finally started getting eggs about three weeks ago. Ive gotten almost a dozen already!
I looked in the house this morning and saw these two eggs. One was HUGE! Is this normal?

Also, how long can the eggs sit out before i grab them and put them in the fridge?

002-5.jpg

Good Lord! That thing is HUGE! For sure a double.

About your other question, it depends on the heat you are having. I collect twice a day but I work from home. As long as you get them daily in the heat you will be fine. Longer in cooler weather. You are aware that you don't need to refrigerate them correct?

All I can think is ... OWIE!!! Someone deserves extra treats tonight.
th.gif

PS: Show pics when you break it open! Inquiring minds want to know!
smile.png

Last edited:
I know right! I was SO surprised when i went to feed and collect eggs this morning.. i was like OH MY GOSH!!! She will deffinatly be getting some extra treats..she deserves it..ughh thats like a human having a 12 lb baby..man i feel so sorry for her lol!

Whhhaaattt? You dont have to put them in the fridge? Can they just stay at room temp?

I'm kind of wondering about how many yolks that are in there as well, i may have to have breakfast for dinner tonight hehe
big_smile.png

If i do, i will take a picture
big_smile.png

Quote:
For real? They won't go bad? I mean, sometimes they sit on my counter for a day or two until I get around to washing them, but you don't need to refrigerate them at all? How long will the keep? Cause sometimes I just don't have room in my fridge for all the eggs...

Back
Top Bottom