HUGE EMERGENCY!!!!! PLEASE HELP :'(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chixaregreat41, Sep 18, 2013.

1. chixaregreat41

chixaregreat41 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    bruce mines
    I just discovered blood in my hens poop and i dont know what to do AND I NEED HELP IM SO SCARED BECAUSE I JUST GoT THEM TODAY!!!!! I really need help! Will she die? How can i help her/ treat her? Whats wrong with my little pumpkin?????!??![​IMG]

2. imogene08

imogene08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    Florida
    Are you sure it's not just internal shedding?? Has she kept having blood in her poo?

3. imogene08

imogene08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    Florida
    Which is intestinal lining that's bringing shed if it continues and it's very bloody I suggest treating her with corrid

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Since she is new to you I would treat her with Corid asap just to be on the safe side. You really don't want her getting a full blown case of coccidiosis. You can't go wrong by treating and ruling it out but if you don't treat and that is what she has she can certainly die and quickly.

5. chixaregreat41

Jul 1, 2013
    bruce mines
    Thanks where can i find that medication?

6. chixaregreat41

Jul 1, 2013
    bruce mines
    This is the first ive known of this bloody stool in the chicken truck at the feed store there was no bloody poo in there crate? And its a very small amount of blood?

7. chixaregreat41

Jul 1, 2013
    bruce mines
    WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I GAVE THEM A BIT OF MEDICATED CHICK FEED UNTILL I CAN GET THE RIGHT MEDICATION????

8. chixaregreat41

Jul 1, 2013
    bruce mines
    I honestly think she will be perfectly fine all my sex links including my wittle pumpkin (i love her so much) are very active and happy!! <3 and i havent seen any more bloody stool well we will see what tomorow brings

9. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How old are these chickens? Medicated feed (with amprollium) is to help build up immunity in chicks gradually. It won't treat coccidiosis if they have the disease. This may not be a big deal, so don't freak out, just give them some buttermilk (or milk if that's all you have) mixed with some chick feed to coat their intestines until you get some Corid (amprollium) tomorrow morning. Corid dosing is 2 tsp liquid or 1 tsp powder in 1 gallon water for 5-7 days--treat all birds. This drug will be in the cattle section (still okay for chickens.)

10. chixaregreat41

Jul 1, 2013
    bruce mines
    Whats the price of the meds because im tight on cash?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by