Huge loss of feathers

jeylacooper

In the Brooder
May 9, 2019
recently one of my chickens has been losing feathers rapidly. my first thought was that it was being picked on since it was the only chicken in my flock that appeared this way. at first i didn't really notice, and hadn't really noticed any bullying but it's starting to become an issue. one of my barred rocks has no feathers on the back of its neck, or it's stomach and around that area. it's starting to concern me especially because it's starting to get cold here in connecticut. does anyone know what this could be from and what i can do for her?

Attachments

• 9ECC8EEC-F867-4084-9B3F-914773D3679E.jpeg
    9ECC8EEC-F867-4084-9B3F-914773D3679E.jpeg
    576.7 KB · Views: 16
recently one of my chickens has been losing feathers rapidly. my first thought was that it was being picked on since it was the only chicken in my flock that appeared this way. at first i didn't really notice, and hadn't really noticed any bullying but it's starting to become an issue. one of my barred rocks has no feathers on the back of its neck, or it's stomach and around that area. it's starting to concern me especially because it's starting to get cold here in connecticut. does anyone know what this could be from and what i can do for her?
How old is she? I think she is molting. Have you checked for mites? If no mites, she is molting.

She's molting. You can see the pin feathers coming in.
Every morning when I am cleaning my coop it looks like a massive pillow fight occurred the night before.

Back
Top Bottom