Huge watery eggs

Cycomiko

Songster
5 Years
May 27, 2017
Western Maryland
63FD99FA-11BC-43A1-94FC-4292AF2533C6.jpeg
I have a 15 month old ISA brown that is laying huge watery eggs everyday. I’m talking over twice the size of normal large eggs. All seems to be normal, but with extra water in them. I’m wondering if something is wrong.
The hen that is laying them recently did a light molt and didn’t lay for 3 weeks, due to me rehoming our original rooster. She then jumped to the top of the pecking order, acting like a rooster. Once our Olive Egger rooster came to the scene, she fell down the pecking order and started molting. 3 weeks of no eggs and she’s back in a huge way.

Stress and disruptions in hens' daily lives does influence egg laying, often resulting in "odd" eggs, if any. From the sounds of things you had a few big changes in your flock recently and your hen's position in the flock changed some as well, all of which, combined with the molt, most likely contributed to this now.

Stress and disruptions in hens' daily lives does influence egg laying, often resulting in "odd" eggs, if any. From the sounds of things you had a few big changes in your flock recently and your hen's position in the flock changed some as well, all of which, combined with the molt, most likely contributed to this now.
Thanks, I was assuming this to be the issue, but just wanted to make sure there wasn’t an illness that could be happening.

I had some girls that laid extra jumbo eggs, the size of goose eggs. As long as I had these girls their eggs were watery, every egg they laid. They would hatch. but I did not want to keep this egg going in my flock.

I had some girls that laid extra jumbo eggs, the size of goose eggs. As long as I had these girls their eggs were watery, every egg they laid. They would hatch. but I did not want to keep this egg going in my flock.
You hatched those eggs? If so, how was the outcome?

Back
Top Bottom